Guidance and Club Policies for Leaders and Participants
- All riders must either be a KVC member, or have signed a club waiver prior to the start of the ride.
- All participants must wear a helmet.
- The ride/event must not go ahead until #1 & #2 are satisfied or those not conforming have left.
- Neither the club, its leaders, nor its executive assumes any responsibility for participants lost, stranded or injured.
- All participants should bring their own essential repair equipment, especially puncture repair kit & pump, plenty of fluids & food, as needed.
- All participants should carry photo id with their address & their health card.
- In the event of an incident, the Accident Report Form must be completed. If unavailable, report all details to an executive member.
- All participants must follow the Highway Traffic Act and exhibit courteous road behaviour, otherwise the ride/event will be discontinued.
- A copy of these policies is available for review by any new club members.
- Leaders should carry some first aid supplies in case of an incident, i.e. antibacterial ointment, square gauze bandages to dress cuts and abrasions.
- At the beginning of each ride, it’s a good idea to gather the group and discuss the route map and re-gathering points during the ride so as not to lose riders.
- Also, the leader can request that a rider volunteer as “sweep” for the ride.
Quick Links to Forms and Ride Ratings
- KVC Ride Sign-In Sheet and Guest Waiver [Please print double-sided on single sheet of paper] [Updated for 2017]
- KVC Membership Application Form [Updated for 2018]
- Accident Report
- Ride Ratings
Note: You may need the freely available Adobe Reader software to view the above documents.