Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Rouvy - Avenue of the Giants | California | USA
Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 10:00 AM
Registration is not Required
Route Preview Link
The Route If today's outside weather favours an inside ride, we'll be exploring Rouvy's Avenue of the Giants route.
- Rouvy estimates that riding the complete route will take approximately 1 hour and 28 minutes. However, participants should feel free to ride for a shorter time if preferred.
- The Rouvy rubber band will hold the group together.
- Rouvy uses a percentage number to indicate the average grade of routes. 1% (2%, etc.) means 1000 (2,000, etc.) climbing metres per 100 kilometres. Today's full route is a 1% route. For comparison purposes, Rouvy's version of the climb of Alpe d'Huez is an 8% route.`
Rouvy Registration To register for the ride on Rouvy:
Discord During the ride, we'll be chatting on the KVC "Rouvy Chats" channel on Discord. To use Discord, you'll need to follow the following steps:
- open Rouvy Companion on your phone
- tap on "All events"
- type "KVC" in the search box
- tap on "KVC Group Ride" when it comes up
- tap on "Register"
The Rouvy Rubber Band In order to stay next to the ride leader in a Rouvy group ride, you must produce the same effort/watts as the leader:
- download and install Discord on your phone
- next, to become a member of the KVC Discord server, open your phone and click here. You'll only need to follow this step once
- lastly, to join the chat for the ride
- open Discord on your phone
- if the page with the KVC icon does NOT appear, swipe right
- tap on the KVC icon
- if no one's name is visible (i.e., no one has logged onto the channel), tap on "Rouvy Chats", and then tap on "Join Voice"
- if someone has already logged onto the channel, tap on their name, and then unmute your microphone
Your distance from the leader will be shown on the screen (metres behind or ahead), as well as the power numbers (w/kg) of the riders in the group.
- when you produce less power and start losing distance, the Rouvy rubber band will kick in and pull you forwards towards the leader
- it works the other way too. If you produce more power and ride faster, the rubber band will pull you backwards towards the leader, although you'll still be expending extra effort